This site was created to document the adventure of traveling to solve an escape room in each of the 50 US states in 2018. Even after covering each of the 50 states, there’s still so much of the world left to explore, so the site continues to cover escape rooms and other puzzle challenges and the experience of traveling to visit them.
Brian approaches escape rooms and puzzle design with the same objective perspective he uses in the professional world. One person’s opinion is a data point. It can be fun to hear, and it can help in the brainstorming process, but real value is generated through facts and aggregated data.
Brian has a unique background in the scope and volume of problem solving techniques applied in both the business world (from start-up environments to Fortune 500 companies) and outside hobbies (400+ escape rooms solved, 2600+ Geocaches found). Brian has managed teams and led initiatives in Customer Experience Analytics, Operations, Data Visualization, and Data Management.
A few of Brian’s qualifications:
- Earned Master’s Degree in Business Administration (University of Chicago Booth School of Business)
- Concentrations in Analytics, Entrepreneurship, Strategy, and Marketing
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- Launched new team at Discover Financial Services to find more efficient ways to ensure 100% adherence to customer and regulator commitments
- Managed Discover Card’s customer experience survey strategy, redesigning the way the business collects and utilizes feedback to deliver an award-winning customer experience
- Designed approaches for leveraging business data to greatest effect, including redesigning end to end data management and visualization practices